Raffia Straw Bucket Hat
Who doesn't love a good straw hat for our sunny weather?
What we love about this Raffia Straw Hat is:
1) It has great ventilation (thanks to the natural gaps on the straw weaving).
This means it doesn't trap heat! (these raffia straw hat is better ventilated compared to fabric bucket hats)
2) It is made of natural raffia straw (its natural fibre is more luxurious),
3) It holds the shape better,
3) It repels water (see video)
Raffia comes from segments of the leaves on Raffia Palm.
Many of these Raffia Palms are from Africa.
Raffia harvesting is a sustainable practice.
Plants are not harmed during the process, and can continue to grow and reproduce.
They are dried in the sun naturally once harvested.
Raffia, because its left to dry, its natural resin remains, and it has a much longer longevity compared to paper straw. (Of course better care will make this hat longer lasting.)
It is wonderfully resilient, and it tends to repel water, preventing it from cracking and being brittle overtime.
1. Do leave it to air from time to time.
2. Do allow it to dry under the sun when wet.
3. Do avoid compressing the hat.
4. Natural fibre sticking out is the characteristic of Raffia.
5. To retain its natural shape, do place a round shape object below the hat for storage.
6. Should there be stain, do consult dry-cleaning professionals.
Out Of Stock
This product is temporarily out of stock. You may opt-in our waiting list and we'll notify you once the product is restocked.